Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Nego8tr

Near Richmond, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1x Info. . ."

Nego8tr Silver Member Charter Member
Fri 30-Aug-02 03:31 PM

Hi Craig,

I would very much like to attend Photokina, but my travel schedule won’t allow it.

The acquisition of a D1X has taken on a life of its own; therefore I made a few rules so I won’t get scammed, see if you agree:

1. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
2. Don’t part with any cash until I see the camera.
3. If I can’t see the camera, buy from B & H or Adorama.
4. Wait until after Photokina.

The retail segment of the photo industry on the most part seems to be overpriced compared to the online guys. I know margins are nonexistent for these folks, but I can’t bail them out. Kelly_pe made a few good points about post purchases of accessories for the D1X. I’d rather spend my bucks for accessories than for taxes and profits.

In my efforts to buy a D1X, I routinely email any auction within a three hour drive to satisfy rule # 2. Two times in as many days, sellers on Ebay have directed me to bogus escrow services.

Here is a copy of the email:

“my last asking price is $2800 it is brand new still in the box with full accessories and two lenses.

payment have to be done through (URL of escrow company)if not,then i am sorry,

let me know your shipping info in order to prepare the package ready to be shipped.

here is the lenses:

17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor

28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D AF Zoom-Nikkor”

This email is an excellent example of rule # 1. You are invited to add to the rule list!

Regards,

Frank

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D1x Info. . . [View all] , CCD1 , Thu 29-Aug-02 10:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1x Info. . .