Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Please review my article for accuracy!

slow_driver

Hong Kong
582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Please review my article for accuracy!"

slow_driver Basic Member
Thu 29-Aug-02 12:12 PM

Darrell,

I'd be very interested to see if you follow Scott's suggestion to post your article to nikondigital.org. I think those guys might give you a real run for your money! If you could hold your own over there, you'll get by here. I get the feeling that the D100 is your first digital? I'd be disapointed if you decided the JPEG format was "snapshot" grade based on the D100 experience alone. The Dpreview comments you quote are in fact re the D100; not the JPEG format. Come back to us w/ the same quotes for D1H, D1X, EOS 1d or D60??? Please be open minded about this - for your own sake and reader's as well... (I'll now go look at the sites you posted - to remain open minded myself).

I see that you have revisited the 4stops statement over in the other thread. Hope you saw Alan''s comments on standardising RAW format - very interesting (and completely logical).

Lastly, I am looking forward to hearing back from you re FOV crop (per offline discussions).

We all look forward to your final article - wishing you all the best.

JB

www.pbase.com/jbviajero

A general, generic topic Please review my article for accuracy! [View all] , darrellyoung , Wed 28-Aug-02 10:10 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Please review my article for accuracy!