Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Updated Comments about my D100 and Capture 3 Experience

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Updated Comments about my D100 and Capture 3 Experi"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Thu 22-Aug-02 09:42 PM

Frits:

I believe you may have gotten part of your answer to me mixed up with another thread on underexposure problems with the D100.

What I had asked about, was the settings on the camera, i.e. - is Matrix the DTTL identification on the screen along with the matrix symbol?

And is just DTTL - just that, a DTTL image on the screen without the matrix symbol?

And speaking of the plus settings on both the camera and flash. The Nikon D100 allows you to adjust exposure compensation in either 1/3 or 1/2 stop settings depending on what you have set up in your custom settings. How do you get +7 on the camera. I know that the flash allows you individual increments, which makes it easy to achieve +7 settings. And in the final analysis, don't you agree that Nikon has a serious DTTL problem that needs addressing soon? Granted, as ingenious Americans, we will find ways to tweak and adjust, but isn't there some way that Nikon can become aware of this all?

So, which do you recommend? Just setting the flash on DTTL for shady and inside dark areas, or just adding a + amount to the camera and +7 to the flash?

Ben Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, NC

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic Updated Comments about my D100 and Capture 3 Experience [View all] , benherrmann , Wed 21-Aug-02 01:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Updated Comments about my D100 and Capture 3 Experi