Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Electronic Shutter"

AlanC Basic Member
Sun 18-Aug-02 12:33 PM

There are two different kinds of CCD.

"Interline Transfer" CCDs - which are used in video cameras and consumer digicams that have an electronic viewfinder - can control when they start and stop measuring the light that falls on them by moving the values from the individual cells into a series of shift registers.

"Full Frame" CCDs used in digital SLRs don't have the shift registers and associated electronics, allowing the individual cells to be larger but meaning the camera has to have a mechanical shutter.


A general, generic topic Electronic Shutter [View all] , OCristo , Sat 17-Aug-02 08:36 PM
Reply message RE: Electronic Shutter