Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"RE: Nikon D1x"

Fri 16-Aug-02 03:09 PM

After I got my D1x I picked up an extra battery, 2 1G IBM microdrives and 1 256K flashcard, an AC adaptor to open the mirror for CCD cleaning and a firewire and card for my PC. Total cost of these add-ons was about $1,100. I also spent $500 on an Epson 1280 printer.

I do action sports and other outdoor photography. Even though I am very careful when I change lenses, CCD dust has been an occasional problem.

You will need CCD cleaning supplies. I had no luck removing dust with a bulb blower. There are very good cleaning instructions on this forum. Sensor swabs and Eclipse fluid really work. The swabs aren't cheep, about $45 a dozen. I had trouble finding them locally and got some from The Filter Connection @ www.2filter.com.

All of my lenses have worked perfectly, the pictures have been great and I am very happy with this camera.

Good luck.

Bill Roscoe

A general, generic topic Nikon D1x [View all] , A D MINT , Thu 15-Aug-02 11:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D1x