Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advice an...

JBD90

US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advice and comments"

JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011
Sun 17-Feb-13 01:47 AM

Thanks guys, It is good to have a perspective on these things. I have no idea if a mid range zoom is sharper than an everything zoom like the 28-200mm. I used that lens in the Sigma/Quantaray build a lot for a specific purpose. I shoot woodworking demonstrations and the shots get posted on the club web site. I need the 200mm to get the turning action on the lathe and the wide angle shots of the show and tell table. I dare not change a lens in the dusty environment of the shop.

The funny thing is not 10 minutes after I made my post I pulled up Craig's list and after dinner returned home with two D model lens and a junky film camera for less than a tank of gas. Now a 80-200 4,5/5.6 D and a 35-80 mm 4.5 5.6 D lens add to the pack. I will play with them for a while and put them up on eBay as well. I am becoming a snob for metal mounts. Perhaps some VR lens is in my future....JB

A general, generic topic Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advice an... [View all] , JBD90 , Sat 16-Feb-13 08:23 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advic...