Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best Macro Lense For Food Photography

vitalishe

Los Alamos, US
445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best Macro Lense For Food Photography "

vitalishe Registered since 27th Dec 2012
Mon 18-Feb-13 10:34 PM

If you were using 50mm (as a reference) how close do you think you would have to get?

I would think that zoom level would be the most important parameter for you. And I would think that something relatively wide would be ideal. That way you can bring forward what you consider most important/interesting and have the rest in the background. The limitation would be if you have to deal with hot substances that produce steam. Then you may want to stay some distance away.

- Tamron 90mm f2.8 is a great macro lens, but it may be too much zoom for what you want.
- Older Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 has manual "macro" mode at 35mm only. It is not a true macro. On the other hand you hay not need true macro, unless you plan to fill the whole frame with one strawberry.

I would consider one of these true macro lenses:
- Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro
- Nikon 40mm f/2.8G DX AF-S Micro Nikkor

If I was doing food photography and wanted macro for that purpose only, I would probably go with 40mm f/2.8G DX AF-S one.

Please, let us know what you decided and post some tasty samples

A general, generic topic Best Macro Lense For Food Photography [View all] , DinoCardelli , Sat 16-Feb-13 03:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Macro Lense For Food Photography