Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Teleconverter"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sat 02-Feb-13 02:19 AM

Ryan, I'll take a few photos outside tomorrow with the AFS 70-300mm and the Kenko pro 1.4x. I took a couple photos indoors today but in the low light it chatters with the extender and then settles down at 300mm. And that was with the D800's improved AF sensitivity. Performance was fine at 200mm. I was 14' from the target.

But here is what I shot inside tonight. Shot with the D800 and AFS 70-300mm VR at 300mm, first without and then with the Kenko Pro 300 1.4X extender. Other than size there is no post processing. The focus point was just under the nose.

300mm full frame. Shot at f5.6 and ISO 800 with SB-400 flash.

Click on image to view larger version

420mm full frame. Shot at f8 (actual f11)

crop from 100% enlargement of 300mm photo.

crop from a 67% enlargement in order to keep the size comparable.

Len

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Teleconverter [View all] , dlfred1 , Tue 29-Jan-13 11:48 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Teleconverter