Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gray/imported lenses

blw

Richmond, US
28713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Gray/imported lenses"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 13-Jan-13 06:22 PM

> Thanks for the heads up about slow turn around - who needs that

Definitely not me. A few years ago my D2h had its inevitable "meter board failure." As near as I can tell, all D2h's will hit this eventually. It's acknowledged as a fatal flaw by Nikon, and they have a special procedure for handling it. It took them something like four and a half weeks to get it there, do the job and get back to me. Some of that was ground shipping, but from VA to NY should only have been *maybe* six days of that. In contrast, I had a problem with my 135/f2 AF DC. I dropped it off at APS in Chicago (I happened to be there) on Friday at noon, and picked up repaired on Monday morning. OK that was a bit special as I had asked if they could do it while I was in town, but I'm quite confident that it would have been less than ten days if I'd have just shipped it in and had them ship it back. The NPS folks get better treatment, but only slightly.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Gray/imported lenses [View all] , AWD265 Silver Member , Sun 13-Jan-13 01:40 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gray/imported lenses