Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
LeeSyl

Belleville, US
147 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which lens?"

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011
Sat 05-Jan-13 11:09 PM

Betty, I do not own a D800. There have been at least several posts in the D800 forum during the past several weeks that have to do with OOF shots and the D800. What was suggested was to up the shutter speed above what one would normally use on a D7000 and what one normally uses on a D7000 is higher (SS) than on D300, etc. Once you are up to about 1/1000 sec then VR is not recommended and may well lead to OOF shots itself.Sorry for the overly simplistic post. Check on the 800 forum to see for yourself. Experiment with your lenses and work on technique. The 80-400 should focus at least as fast on your 800 as it did/does on the D7000. Were you using the centermost focus points?Also, I do not think that using the dx mode on your 800 is the way to go, but try it and see....

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Which lens? [View all] , Betty L , Fri 04-Jan-13 10:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which lens?