Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Generic HB-39 lenshood

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Generic HB-39 lenshood"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Tue 01-Jan-13 04:17 AM | edited Tue 01-Jan-13 04:19 AM by Bravozulu

This may not answer your question, but I too was having trouble with my HB-39 hood. When fitted to the 16-85mm lens, it wouldn't click in when attached and rotated.

I live 10 miles from the West Coast Nikon repair center and took it there. One of the technicians looked at the lens and hood and, together, we agreed that a tiny drop of epoxy glue applied to the cam points on the flexible inner ring (of the hood) might provide enough of a friction point to solve the problem. Of course after the epoxy had dried.

I went home and did this on the two high points, using a toothpick to apply the epoxy. It worked. And it saved me $30.

In actual use, the lens hood gets banged and shoved. Mine dropped off without me knowing at a car show. I retraced my steps and found it. Luckily. That's why I wanted a tighter grip when mounted.

Some of the vendors in Hong Kong you'll find on eBay carry genuine Nikon branded items at cheap prices.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Generic HB-39 lenshood [View all] , F2AS , Mon 31-Dec-12 11:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Generic HB-39 lenshood