Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

AF DX Lens comparison

muleskinner_blues

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"AF DX Lens comparison"

muleskinner_blues Registered since 31st Dec 2012
Mon 31-Dec-12 06:14 PM

Hi,

I've only recently jumped into the Nikon world, I picked up a D7000 before our honeymoon this year and I'm still learning the ropes on it (although already got some beautiful pictures out of it).

I hope I am in the correct subforum for this, my apologies if not. I have yet to dabble into other lens with my D7000 yet, planning to try some out in the future. I did receive one as a gift though this Christmas, and I'm curious as to the difference with the lens I got with the camera. The person I received it from thought it was a wide-angle lens but I don't see that and just wanted to see how redundant the two are. I'm still learning the technical ins and outs so bear with my stupid questions .

The lens I have is the AF-S DX NIKKOR
18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR ( http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2179/AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-18-105mm-f%252F3.5-5.6G-ED-VR.html )

And the one I received is AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II ( http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product/Camera-Lenses/2170/AF-S-DX-Zoom-Nikkor-18-55mm-f%252F3.5-5.6G-ED-II.html )

I do like both for their versatility, they both seem to very good 'catch-all' lens. I like that the second is a bit more portable and lighter, but I don't see from the technical descriptions if it's capable of anything unique compared to the 18-105mm.

Any opinions on whether it is worth hanging on to? If not, we will most likely return it and put the money towards a 'unique' lens before our next trip.

Thanks for your help!

A general, generic topic AF DX Lens comparison [View all] , muleskinner_blues , Mon 31-Dec-12 05:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: AF DX Lens comparison