Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses

TomCurious

Bay Area, US
2352 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses"

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007
Sun 30-Dec-12 05:24 AM | edited Sun 30-Dec-12 05:25 AM by TomCurious

I only ever bought a single "bargain" grade lens from KEH (Nikon 400/5.6) and didn't like it. It was pretty badly beat up and so I returned it. Others may have had better luck. However I bought quite a number of EX, EX+ and LN- grade lenses, and all of them looked brand new. So at least from my experience, there isn't much point paying extra for anything higher than EX.

Overall I'm very happy with KEH. I like the fact that I can return any lens that I don't like. Over time, I have probably returned about half of the lenses I got from KEH. It allows me to try out obscure lenses at no risk and minimal cost. The lenses that I kept are very dear to me (I.e. 16/3.5, 28/3.5, 50/1.8, 105/2.5, 135/2.8, 200/4, 75-150/3.5).

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

A general, generic topic KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses [View all] , torwood Silver Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 03:06 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses