Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses

torwood

Jefferson Hills, US
761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses"

torwood Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2010
Sat 29-Dec-12 09:49 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I am really struggling (sweating blood, actually) over how to solve the problem of acquiring an f2.8 long zoom). I need it for indoor and night time sports, so I have to have f2.8 and AFS. I know in my heart that the AFS 70-200 VRI is the right lens for me, but I choke at the idea of paying $1,700 for a used lens. The "Bargain" 70-200's are closer to $1,200, which while still high, is at least palatable. I actually HATE the fact that I need this lens, but nothing else will get me the combined FL, aperture speed, and focus speed I need to shoot this subject.

My only fear when buying this type of lens as a "Bargain" is that I'll get one that a pro beat to hell and back, and then traded when something went out of line. But, as you've said, if you don't like it, you can just send it back.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses [View all] , torwood Silver Member , Sat 29-Dec-12 03:06 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: KEH "Bargain" Grade Lenses