Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Oh no not crop factor again!

limeyzen

Waynesville, US
391 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Oh no not crop factor again!"

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011
Fri 28-Dec-12 02:55 PM

Well, I realy don't want to drag us down that road again but I am faced with a bit of a quandry. Lots is said about "reach" at the long end etc. etc. and I do get it but little is said about the short end. Same effect but here's my dilemma. Have a D90 and a AF 35-70D F2.8 and want to get a complimenting wide angle, preferably 2.8 also, for landscape work. Problem is if I get a lens with long end of 35mm, to give continuum with existing, then given available lenses does the short length have a resulting wide enough angle for my purposes? Conversly, if I go with a wider lens and suffer the gap with existing at the upper end, are there distortion things to consider not helped, perhaps even exacerbated, by the crop factor? Obviously one way to go would get rid of the 35 - 70 and buy 2 or 3 new lenses. See my profile and you'll see why I would hate to do that as that money could be spent on better quality longer lenses. 'Tis a puzzlement - comments/ideas?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Oh no not crop factor again! [View all] , limeyzen Silver Member , Fri 28-Dec-12 01:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Oh no not crop factor again!