Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What kind of game is Nikon playing

grnzbra

Springfield, US
416 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What kind of game is Nikon playing"

grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011
Wed 02-Jan-13 06:16 PM | edited Wed 02-Jan-13 06:19 PM by grnzbra

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It's not a matter of her regarding it as a slap in the her face; I would regard it as a slap in her face. Actually, when I told her, she too suggested returning it. But by that time, it had started to grow on me. I like it. And I can always get the extension tubes. In the meantime, I have a fast mild telephoto that works wonders in low light compared to my Sigma 150-500 f/6.3 at 1/4000 sec. With the 500 shooting flying cardinals and other small birds, after 2hours, about 70% of the shots have nothing in them. With the 85, most of the shots have something in them. Depth of field at f/1.8 is about the same as the 500 at f/6.3 so the number of out of focus birds is about the same. And it made a great portrait shot of her. So, all in all, I'm happy with the lens (not shooting any macro until the spring when the bugs and flowers come out). Just a little annoyed at the Nikon Store (or perhaps their webmaster)

No, wouldn't trade her in; took too long to find her.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What kind of game is Nikon playing [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member , Thu 27-Dec-12 12:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What kind of game is Nikon playing