Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Purple Outline"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Wed 26-Dec-12 12:24 PM

>Does what you see here look like "some" or a lot.
>Seems that out of the three Nikon lenses that I have, only the
>18-55 kit lens isn't expensive junk.
>
This is a lot. Actually this photo is a perfect illustration on how to create purple fringing or CA. The white is blown out and up against the dark foliage. Add to that the wide open f1.8 aperture and you get CA. Your 18-55mm kit lens probably would have taken the photo at f5.6. Admittedly this photo is a challenge. Experiment by exposing for the white so it isn't blown out then bring up the foliage in post. Also stop down the lens a bit in full sun. Modern Nikon cameras will minimize CA and processed in camera and viewed as a jpg or raw if using Capture NX2. I don't know if this is true in the D5100 but I expect it is.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Purple Outline [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member , Tue 25-Dec-12 08:06 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Purple Outline