Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm Dying Here, Help

NatureDon

US
1143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I'm Dying Here, Help"

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007
Fri 21-Dec-12 10:59 AM

Hi Gregg,

If you need the 1.4 aperture for your money making, then I would suggest getting it. Or, perhaps consider the 85 1.8G plus the 105VR. Sounds like the 105VR brought you happiness and you really enjoy the flower photography.

I had the 85 1.4G fever, bought it, then sold it. Bought an 85 1.8G and some other things instead. For me, I didn't really need the 1.4 aperture. It is a truly great lens, but I didn't use it in my photography...just wanted a decent 85mm for occassional use.

With all due respect, I doubt you are going to die from this decision. You already have some really great gear and getting ready to add another fine lens. A nice delima.

Happy Holidays,
Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I'm Dying Here, Help [View all] , gheck58 Silver Member , Fri 21-Dec-12 02:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm Dying Here, Help