Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Calculating angular and dimensional FOV with crop facto...

efisher16

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Calculating angular and dimensional FOV with crop factor"

efisher16 Registered since 05th Sep 2010
Thu 20-Dec-12 05:12 PM | edited Thu 20-Dec-12 05:17 PM by efisher16

Hi Brian,

Thanks for such a quick response. I've typed up a quick comparison chart of My calculations (A), Tawbaware (B), and the values listed on the Nikonians page (C). Please note, that I recently read that the Tawbaware calculations had an error in them at some point, but they do conform with several other online calculators that I have found so I think that error has been fixed.

__________A_______B_______C______A-B_____A-C
Horiz_____66.5____66______67.4____0.5____-0.9
Vert______47.4____46.9____47.9____0.5____-0.5
Diag______76.5____77.4____77.4____-0.9___-0.9

As you can see the error listed on the far right (A minus B and A minus C) are within 1 degree. For practical purposes this is ok because at 1 meter distance (i.e. distance from target to focal plane indicator) 1 degree only translates into 1.7 cm error.

This work is all part of some new research I am working on, and I will eventually publish the results. I simply want to cross all my t's and dot all of my i's...like ensuring I don't forget to account for something like crop factor...so that the information I publish is as accurate and reliable as possible!

Again, thanks so much,

Erich

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 ( file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Calculating angular and dimensional FOV with crop facto... [View all] , efisher16 , Thu 20-Dec-12 02:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Calculating angular and dimensional FOV with crop f...
Reply message RE: Calculating angular and dimensional FOV with crop f...