Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any way to support 70-300 like the "foot" on higher-end...

LeeSyl

Belleville, US
147 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Any way to support 70-300 like the "foot" on higher-end Nikkors?"

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011
Mon 17-Dec-12 03:32 PM

I have a longish rail made by Really Right Stuff (RRS) and these are also supplied by Kirk. All of these require an ACRA style system, so their use would require you to at least buy an adapter for your Manfroto system unless it is ACRA ready. I purchased my rail (about 5-6" long) for a different purpose. For your purpose it would center your camera/lens somewhat better over the ballhead, but I don't really see a big need to do that. I have the 70-300 VR lens. It is a good lens and I give it good use. I have not seen any kind of aftermarket collar for the lens. Note too that Nikon has just introduced the 70-200mm f/4 lens which (I believe) is longer extended than the 70-300mm - the collar for this lens is optional and some Nikonians see no need for it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Any way to support 70-300 like the "foot" on higher-end... [View all] , SWIMR Silver Member , Sat 15-Dec-12 10:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any way to support 70-300 like the "foot" on higher...