Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Basketball - Above vs. Below

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Basketball - Above vs. Below "

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Wed 26-Dec-12 09:44 PM

Figuring out where the ref who comes to the baseline will be is a challenge! A few times I have had an out of focus ref on the side of an image add to the overall impact, but like you, I often get more of their "6" than I want. Sometimes a high angle from which you can see the basket can be used to advantage if you sense a player drives from one side often, mioving toward you and allowing you to get the basket and the player's face as he drives to the bucket. If he drives from your side, that can often result in a good defensive play image. I admit I shoot mostly from the baseline, but there is one gymn in the area that has a relatively high vanrage point and I try to use it for one quarter or so.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Basketball - Above vs. Below [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Sat 15-Dec-12 02:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Basketball - Above vs. Below