Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Basketball - Above vs. Below

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5703 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Basketball - Above vs. Below "

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sat 15-Dec-12 03:55 PM

I watched a pro work a college game recently, and he spent the entire game with a 400/F2.8 up as high as he could get in the (small arena) stands, shooting down.

I've always liked shots from shooting up from the floor (not just mine, ones I see), but when I looked over his shoulder while he was editing (with his blessing) I really liked the angle.

Those who shoot basketball, have you tried both? Is it more about the angle, or that getting fast, long lenses is so expensive that put most photographers on the floor?

What do sports fans like best?

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Basketball - Above vs. Below [View all] , Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians , Sat 15-Dec-12 02:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Basketball - Above vs. Below