Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mklass

Tacoma, US
7437 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My first Prime"

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006
Mon 17-Dec-12 09:37 AM

I would also recommend the 35mm f/1.8DX. It is an excellent lens and a bargain. If you can find a good used copy, all the better.

However, I would not think you would want to take it with you to FX, once you go there. While it will work in DX Crop mode on a FX body, that kinda defeats the purpose of going to FX, doesn't it?

If you are planning one switching to FX within the next 6 to 12 months, them maybe you should get one of the 50mms that will AF with your camera. Either of the Nikon G lenses will work, or the Sigma 50mm f/1.4, which is arguably the best of the 3.

Otherwise, get the 35, and once you go to FX you can either sell it, or keep it as part of your back-up kit with the D5100.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

A general, generic topic My first Prime [View all] , Fortkentdad , Fri 14-Dec-12 04:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My first Prime
Reply message RE: My first Prime is the AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G