Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My first Prime"

Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Mon 17-Dec-12 06:37 AM

>The question is how far into the future are you planning on
>going to FX???? Other wise I would second the 35mm F1.8 as
>it's a very good lens, nice and sharp, even wide open, and
>worked well when I had a D5100/D7000.
>
>
>Chris
>{/i}

I'm leaning towards the DX 35mm F1.8, in part due to the price and in good measure because of your great pictures which very clearly demonstrate the lens and you skill. I can buy the lens, the skill will have to be developed.

As for how soon I'd get a full frame. That is in the "maybe someday" category. I just bought the D5100 in July so its not even a year old. I've a lot to learn. I was just thinking ahead and wondering if I should buy a prime lens that would work on the DX and if someday I get a full frame, it will work on that one too.

But the lens I see tend to be 50mm and the problem is that I'd not be able to get any close shots, at least not indoors when a 50mm becomes a 70mm on a DX.

But to turn it around, can I use the DX 35mm lens on a full frame camera if I was ever to get one? Have you tried your DX 35mm on your full frame? It doesn't sound like you still use it.

On the other hand it's not like I've used the two lenses I still have from my SLR days (300mm zoom lens & kit lens) because my D5100 camera came with a kit lens and 300mm zoom so the old lenses stayed in the case with the 35mm SLR.

Maybe I should compare the zoom distance I get with my old 300mm. I'm thinking it will zoom even further? Gotta dig it out and try that lens on my new camera just to see what happens. The mount will fit. Can't hurt anything (can it?).

FKD
Alberta CANADA

A general, generic topic My first Prime [View all] , Fortkentdad , Fri 14-Dec-12 04:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My first Prime
Reply message RE: My first Prime is the AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G