Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 24mm 1.4 Worth it?

poc

US
325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon 24mm 1.4 Worth it?"

poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008
Wed 12-Dec-12 08:34 PM

Hello all,
I am in the process of purchasing a go to prime lens. With the type of photography I do (mainly landscape), the decision has come down to a 24 mm focal length to go along with my D600. I've rented the 14-24 and it is simply too bulky.

The obvious prime choice seemed to be the NIkon 24mm, 2.8 as it is light and tiny for hiking and has decent reviews and great value. Then I came across the 1.4.... From all accounts this is a spectacular lens. My main hesitation is physical size not to mention the price. If the lens is really that good, I could sacrifice on both.

Now that it has been out for a while, I would like some feedback on this lens. Also, is there another 24 mm (auto or manual focus) I should consider as an alternative?

In advance, I thank you for your time and attention.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon 24mm 1.4 Worth it? [View all] , poc Silver Member , Wed 12-Dec-12 07:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 24mm 1.4 Worth it?