Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 50 1.4D or G"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Mon 03-Dec-12 01:41 PM

Optically the newer AFS lens improves on the older lens in most areas. But the older lens is pretty good too. The only complaints on the newer lens is auto focus speed. Yes it is a little slower than the older lens but maybe not enough to affect your shooting, unless you use it from one end of the court to the other. I think it's slower speed is due to the long 180˚ focus throw versus the older lens 140˚. I was looking for an 50mm f1.4 lens about a year ago. My son bought the new AFS 1.4 version and I compared it to my AFS 1.8 lens. The new 1.4 lens was slower focusing and I wasn't comfortable with it. That's probably just me. I ended up getting a used AF 50mm f1.4D and am quite happy with it. I say try them both in a local shop and you decide.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic 50 1.4D or G [View all] , PSAGuy Gold Member , Sun 02-Dec-12 08:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 50 1.4D or G