Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best lens for D600?

GiantTristan

Stamford, US
2690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best lens for D600?"

GiantTristan Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006
Tue 13-Nov-12 07:12 PM

I believe your plan to only acquire top level lenses when changing to a high resolution FX camera is a very sound one. Since you own already the Nikon 70-300VR, getting the Nikon 24-70/2.8 lens would be the most logical step, since these two lenses should cover all of your stated applications. This is Nikon's best mid range zoom and on par in IQ with all but the very best prime lenses in this range. I have used the 24-70 for over five years for landscape, people, low light and close up photography with D200 and D700 and have been very happy with the results.
To give you an idea of the scope of applications possible with this lens, I attach some examples. All but the first picture were shot hand held.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Tristan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Best lens for D600? [View all] , stash Gold Member , Tue 13-Nov-12 01:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best lens for D600?