Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Home Lens Tests"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Mon 05-Nov-12 07:46 PM | edited Mon 05-Nov-12 07:57 PM by nrothschild

Here is an example. This image is the entire image, downsized to around 1000 pixels wide. That is about the widest we can post here (actually 1200 pixels but I did not deem it necessary to do that here). This is actually a print screen, in order to show you the crop boundaries of the next image.

Click on image to view larger version

Here is a "100% crop" of the lower left corner, the same "crop" as indicated by the crop rectangle in the image above. This image is 863 pixels wide. It is the same image you would see if you viewed my complete image at 100% zoom in a browser like ViewNX, or PhotoMechanic, which I used to prepare the crop.

Click on image to view larger version

The crop shows you the corner sharpness of this lens (20mm f/2.8 Ai-s at f/4) on my FX D700 body. This is a typical example of where someone might post a 100% crop to most accurately convey this aspect of that lens performance.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Home Lens Tests [View all] , jamesvoortman Silver Member , Sat 03-Nov-12 07:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Home Lens Tests