Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jamesvoortman

Durban, ZA
1468 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Home Lens Tests"

jamesvoortman Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Sep 2004
Sat 03-Nov-12 08:59 PM | edited Sun 04-Nov-12 05:53 AM by jamesvoortman

Having recently bought a D800 I was carrying out some tests to assess sharpness of my various lenses on the D800 compared with the D300.

The lenses were 18-200 DX , 105 VR macro, 80-400VR. All were set to 105mm anhd then shot on both cameras and compared. All shots taken on tripod and then later repeated with the Mirror up release mode on both cameras. Light was good, sunny, shot at arounf f8. 1/800th , ISO 200.

Important to note that the difference between normal shooting and shooting with the mirror up function enabled was remarkable - much more than the differences between the lenses when shot in a consistent manner.

As much as we enthuse at length on forums such as this about whether lens "a" or lens "b" is sharper, in reality I think the care taken to minimise vibrations that has a much bigger effect.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

A general, generic topic Home Lens Tests [View all] , jamesvoortman Silver Member , Sat 03-Nov-12 07:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Home Lens Tests