Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Service Repair Rank C" - what is that exactly?

J_Harris

US
780 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: "Service Repair Rank C" - what is that exactly?"

J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Sun 04-Nov-12 01:20 AM | edited Sun 04-Nov-12 11:10 AM by J_Harris

(Edited by moderator to remove substantial amounts of copyrighted material. Some quoting is permitted, but what was copied was a bit too much.)

There was a short article by Thom Hogan about Nikon repair and codes. I don't have the direct link anymore, but the article is below. There is one reference to code C that I highlighted in bold.

From Thom Hogan’s “Quick Links & Comments” at
http://bythom.com/index.htm on August 10, 2012

Autofocus Repairscolor=red>

"B level repairs generally require bench testing time but not any critical disassembly of the body (which tends to be the case at C level). NikonUSA charges a fixed price on B level repairs out of warranty, which I believe is something around US$250 at the moment (and includes shipping costs back to you)."

Addendum: Thanks Brian for the editing and keeping it within the rules.

Jerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic "Service Repair Rank C" - what is that exactly? [View all] , NRousu , Sat 03-Nov-12 06:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "Service Repair Rank C" - what is that exactly?