Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 but what lens

SirPuttsAlot

Poughquag, US
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 but what lens "

SirPuttsAlot Registered since 26th Sep 2011
Sat 03-Nov-12 12:03 PM | edited Sat 03-Nov-12 12:20 PM by SirPuttsAlot

I might be the only person on this forum that didn't love the 24-120 lens. Having used both the 24-120 and 24-85 on my D800, it did not outperform the 24-85 after the images were processed. Also I was disappointed in the IQ on the telephoto side, it just didn't seem to perform equal to what the price would dictate. I'm not saying that the telephoto side was bad and unusable, but lacked the crispness found on the normal to wide side of the lens. It definitely felt like a better built lens, but that's about it. If the lens was priced at $999 I would have been all over it, but for $1300 the price vs performance doesn't balance out for me.

If it were my money, I would buy the 24-85 unless you absolutely had to have that extra 35mm focal length.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 but what lens [View all] , Johnk44 , Thu 01-Nov-12 06:24 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 but what lens