Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair

blw

Richmond, US
28560 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: 28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Tue 30-Oct-12 04:21 PM

This is an area where I think I'd want an expert opinion. So my advice is to call one of the authorized repair depots - not Nikon. Nikon will want you to send the lens in for evaluation and repair. The authorized repair depots probably won't have such a narrow view of the world, and they will also have the experience to perhaps give you some reliable advice.

I would certainly feel comfortable saying the following: you almost certainly do NOT want to use any of the liquid cyanoarcylics (ie "superglue") as you just don't know where they will end up in no time at all. This is especially true if there are any screws or other holes in the zoom ring under the rubber. But that only tells you what NOT to use, rather than what you SHOULD use.

I am curious as to what you find out.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic 28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair [View all] , Bill Spangler Gold Member , Tue 30-Oct-12 02:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair