Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair

Bill Spangler

Louisville, US
100 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair"

Bill Spangler Gold Member Charter Member
Tue 30-Oct-12 03:45 PM

My 28-70 f/2.8 is on my camera (D700, and since yesterday, D80 ) 95% of the time. I love this lens. I bought it used several years ago here on the "I want to sell" forum.
The lens has been put through the mill, including a recent fall where the hood was shattered. It still performs like new.

However, he rubber gnarling on the zoom ring has come loose. It doesn't affect the lens operation except my having to push it back in place from time to time...of course, this usually happens when there is a lot of action I'm trying to capture.

This is something I feel I can "glue" back in place, but I don't want to use the wrong type of adhesive and damage the lens. I'd rather leave it as is than risk damage.

Obvious question is: what adhesive should be used to make this minor repair.

Thanks in Advance!!

www.roseislandphoto.com
www.girlgirlscene.com

A general, generic topic 28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair [View all] , Bill Spangler Gold Member , Tue 30-Oct-12 02:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 28-70 f/2.8 Rubber Zoom Band Repair