Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor Lens Warranty at US

MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Nikkor Lens Warranty at US "

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Tue 30-Oct-12 04:54 PM

One thing that's for sure, don't fill out the warranty card until you're sure you want to keep the lens, since that will likely make it difficult to return. If that means ignoring Nikon's 10-day window, then so be it. That said, once you've decided to keep the lens, there's no reason to not send in the card.

I won't make any guarantees on Nikon policies, but I did have a warranty repair done on a 2-year-old 70-200 VRII with a sticky aperture. I had never sent in the card, but after the failure made sure the lens was registered online, and followed their instructions to the letter on sending in copies of receipt and warranty card with the lens. They covered the repair no questions asked.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

A general, generic topic Nikkor Lens Warranty at US [View all] , LuxLux , Mon 29-Oct-12 02:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor Lens Warranty at US