Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What is this?"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Fri 02-Nov-12 05:37 PM | edited Fri 02-Nov-12 05:40 PM by nrothschild

Just a note to say that I use a 62mm adapter for my EM-140 ring flash and 105 Micro f/2.8 AF-D Nikkor. It fits at the far end of the fixed barrel.

The advantage is that it takes the weight off of the extending end of the barrel and the associated focusing cams. I believe the Nikon R1 system will do the same and with the R1 this would be particularly beneficial and allow for more lights (and weight) on the adapter.

Along with that, the lights are further back from the subject, somewhat lessening the light angle. That could be good or bad depending on what you are trying to do but having both rings allows for some minor adjustment of the light angle, not otherwise possible.

The 62mm adapter also allows you to put about as much torque on the ring as you want, should it stick, without worrying about damaging the cams

my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What is this? [View all] , gbowen Gold Member , Tue 23-Oct-12 05:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What is this?