Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best walk-around lens for film on an F100?

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best walk-around lens for film on an F100?"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Wed 24-Oct-12 09:25 PM | edited Wed 24-Oct-12 09:27 PM by avm247

I use a 28-105 on my F100 as my main go to lens. However, I just picked up a couple months ago or so a used 28-200G lens and I have to say is that I like this lens for the additional reach.

I have found the distortion and the addition of the close focusing macro mode (50-105mm range) allowing 1:2 reproduction (sharp center, soft corners but acceptable for most macro save flat field reproduction).

I have no problems with the G lens on the F100.

While the 28-105 and the 28-200 overlap, I don't see myself dropping one in favor of the other, different tools for different uses.

(BTW, I LOVE the 28-105 on my F100.)

Edit: Have a look at these articles: https://resources.nikonians.org/reviews?alias=normal-lenses

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic Best walk-around lens for film on an F100? [View all] , William Rounds Gold Member , Mon 22-Oct-12 10:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best walk-around lens for film on an F100?