Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which 50mm for the D600?

blw

Richmond, US
28713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Which 50mm for the D600?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Tue 23-Oct-12 12:04 AM

John's got it pretty much exactly right. The bokeh is somewhat better, but not a lot. The focusing on the 1.4D is barely faster than the 1.8D, but almost trivially so. (If you weren't paying attention, you'd never notice of someone switched them on you.) The 1.4 AFS is actually slower than the 1.8 AFS, and may even be slower than the 1.8 AFD. If the 50/f1.4 AFD is sharper than the 50/f1.8 AFD, it is only by a small margin. I doubt I would notice which one captured a given file if I were just browsing through them. I'm not even sure that I'd notice if I were pixel peeping, to be honest. They just aren't that far apart.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Which 50mm for the D600? [View all] , stash Gold Member , Mon 22-Oct-12 10:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which 50mm for the D600?