Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?

torwood

Jefferson Hills, US
761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?"

torwood Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2010
Wed 17-Oct-12 09:37 PM

Let me ask this question. When you buy grey market, you typically get the Nikon "Worldwide Warranty" certificate in the box. I know, because I have gotten it with all my grey market gear. This is worth something, right? You are permitted to import a product that you bought yourself while out of country. Someone has to honor that warranty. How does a Nikon service center distinguish between a grey camera/lens that you bought at B&H, and a camera/lens that you bought while on vacation in Japan or London, or Toronto? Are we really saying that it will be impossible to get that camera/lens repaired? Even if you pay? Are these repair places doing so well that they can afford to turn down paying customers (who will pay right now, not have to wait until Nikon reimburses them for the repair)?

I find that highly dubious. There have to be a lot of good repair places in Canada - not a long shipping time and they speak English - who will repair your gear.

Maybe I'm wrong (and with my luck, my grey gear will break tomorrow), but I think there are rules, and then there are practical applications of the rules. I'm convinced that someone will repair your gear.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it? [View all] , Cmudogtag , Thu 11-Oct-12 03:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?