Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Sun 14-Oct-12 06:36 PM

There was some sort of notification that Nikon won't sell parts to 3rd party repair facilities or to equipment owners. That offers a scary outlook for getting repair from anyone other than Nikon.

And I hear, but am not sure, that the official repair stations won't work on graymarket gear.

Rather pretend that I'm an expert, since I live 10 miles from the Nikon facility in El Segundo, California, I'm going to drive down there and shoot a few questions at them about my gear. Nothing is broken, but there are things I don't understand.

I'll see if I can't get something definitive in print about their policies and then post them here on the forums. I've spoken with them once on the phone and they seemed very hospitable and casual. Say stay tuned.

I will title my posting Repair/Warranty Rules According to Nikon. Look for it next weekend.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it? [View all] , Cmudogtag , Thu 11-Oct-12 03:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 300mm F4 Grey Market - Would you do it?