Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fine tune lenses?

archivue

Paris, FR
5525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fine tune lenses?"

archivue Registered since 26th Mar 2002
Thu 11-Oct-12 11:37 AM

Well, it depends (as always )!
I use mostly primes, which are easier to tune. I tested them all at first and thought I didn't need any fine tune, I even checked the function off in the menu.

Then some months later, on a rainy day, I tested again and found some wee discrepancies and did some adjustments... And, bingo, I discovered some of my lenses I thought were sharp enough, became really sharp, so I kept the feature...

Of course, in "real life", most times, it's not about the lens tuning but more about the AF capacity to "nail it" and to keep it nailed, or the way ones hold his camera, or some too slow speed, or...
So as other said, if you're happy with it, just don't change anything specially with zooms that are a bit awkward to fine tune !

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

A general, generic topic Fine tune lenses? [View all] , gg987 Gold Member , Wed 10-Oct-12 03:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fine tune lenses?