Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm lens focusing

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4507 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm lens focusing"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Sun 21-Oct-12 06:12 AM

The only problem I have with my 28-300mm and from new, is a loud piezo noise whilst it focuses. When I first had the lens I thought it was faulty and sent it back to Nikon who returned with no fault found. Although my lens is evidentially exceptional for noise compared to other 28-300's Nikon finally told me that the noise was the piezo component of the AF-S motor. I've had the lens 18 months and apart from the noise it works excellently, it's annoying though. I do keep Nikons letter quoting the problem.

As I've never had this noise before, I can only conclude that is on fact the result of a lower grade motor as I described in my last post. I discussed this in a forum post here at the time, but it would appear my lens is a one off.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A topic tagged as having a question Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm lens focusing [View all] , jonik Silver Member , Sat 22-Sep-12 06:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor AF-S 28-300mm lens focusing