Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

16-35VR verses 24-85mmVR - Unexpected outcome

Billsnature

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 16-35VR verses 24-85mmVR - Unexpected outcome"

Billsnature Registered since 22nd Apr 2012
Sat 15-Sep-12 03:12 PM

I looked hard at that, but it didn't seem to be the issue. The centeral facus area of both were equally sharp and it was not obvious that one had focus area shifted forward or back relative to the other. So I concluded that the AF adjust would not change the conclusion

It did look like both lenses have field curavature of the optimal focus line and that they may move in opposite directions. The curvature being slightly back or towards rear on the 24-85mm and slightly forward on the 16-35 VR. The 24-85 always seemed to have greater DOF which I think was an artifact of the higher contrast.

A general, generic topic 16-35VR verses 24-85mmVR - Unexpected outcome [View all] , Billsnature , Sat 15-Sep-12 02:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 16-35VR verses 24-85mmVR - Unexpected outcome
Reply message RE: 16-35VR verses 24-85mmVR - Unexpected outcome