Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying drop in filters for 200-400

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5757 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Buying drop in filters for 200-400"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Sun 09-Sep-12 12:20 PM

I bought a CP with the lens, and have put it in maybe 3 times over several years. I've never had an urge to use other filters, post processing is good enough today for anything but ND and CP and I think you'd need a front filter for graduated ND.

I will say that the included clear filter is in the ring so firmly when I tried to unscrew (just to experiment) I could not break it loose by hand. I did not try any tools (as I did not really need it off), but I've read elsewhere that initially getting it to unscrew can be a challenge on some lenses.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic Buying drop in filters for 200-400 [View all] , alphaod , Sat 08-Sep-12 01:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying drop in filters for 200-400