Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Buying drop in filters for 200-400

anabasis

Edwardsville, US
1856 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Buying drop in filters for 200-400"

anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003
Sat 08-Sep-12 07:29 PM

The filters screw in the holder, so you would unscrew the NC filter and screw the new one into the holder. Just make sure the width of the filter ring is no wider than the included filter or you could get it jammed. There would be no real reason to buy additional filter holders.

The CP filter is part of a special holder that inserts into the slot instead of the standard holder. As mentioned above, this is to enable remote turning of the filter.

I am curious as to what filter are you wanting to use? I don't know many photographers who use non-CP filters in long lenses. I guess a colored one for B&W is an option.

My older AIS telephoto lenses used to come with a second holder where you could cut gels and install filters that way. I have never used them.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Buying drop in filters for 200-400 [View all] , alphaod , Sat 08-Sep-12 01:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Buying drop in filters for 200-400