Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Vignetting on 24-70mm

blw

Richmond, US
28560 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Vignetting on 24-70mm"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 06-Aug-12 05:45 AM

The vignetting is not even in the upper and lower corners, so something's definitely very wrong. Did you by any chance have the lens hood mounted perhaps not quite fully? It's especially unusual that this is vignetting at 70mm - usually it's at the wide end.

I'd get all the stuff off the lens - filter, hood, etc. Then shoot some blank sky or wall - that will show you how much vignetting it has due to optics. Then add pieces back until you figure out where it came from. This lens does have fairly significant corner fall-off, although for some reason people don't complain about it like they do with the 70-200/f2.8 AFS VR-I - even though the amounts are fairly similar. However, despite that, the fall-off is even from corner to corner.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Vignetting on 24-70mm [View all] , Britbear Silver Member , Sun 05-Aug-12 11:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Vignetting on 24-70mm