Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Boogaloo

US
79 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: macro lens debate"

Boogaloo Basic Member
Sun 16-Jul-00 03:13 AM

I just recently purchased the 60mm f/2.8 micro and I like it very much. When I was doing my research on which lens to get I read reviews that said all of the newer micro Nikors were very good, but the 60mm seemed to be the sharpest. Plus, the 60mm fills out my lenses nicely since I have a 17-35 and a 80-200, I use this lens as my normal. The only negatives that I can think of are that for a normal lens, it is larger, slower and much heavier than a 50mm 1.8 (although 2.8 is not slow by any means). The other is that at 1:1 RR the working distance of the lens is only a little over 8". Depending on what type of macro work you plan on doing, the added working room of the longer lenses may be important to you. It's hard to get within a foot of a dragonfly and have it wait for you to compose, focus and shoot before it flies away unless you give him a little siesta in the refrigerator first Hope this helps.

A general, generic topic macro lens debate [View all] , Schott , Fri 14-Jul-00 01:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message Micro lenses
Reply message RE: macro lens debate
Reply message RE: macro lens debate