Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Schott

15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"macro lens debate"

Schott Basic Member
Fri 14-Jul-00 03:56 PM

I am looking into a "real" macro lens with 1:1 capabilites without additional extension. yeah, yeah i know the nikkor 200mm micro rocks, but i simply dont have the cash to throw into a piece like that.

im trying to decide between a 60mm micro nikkor, a 90 mm tamron macro. i know nikon will most likely be higher quality, but the added focal distance appeals to me with the tamron. i could always fo the 105mm nikon lens route as well, that in my opinion is the best option, but at around 700$, i wouldnt be using it enough to really get my money's worth, and with tamron at half the price, comparable (90 as opposed to 105) focal, its pempting because i tend to like the feel of tamron lenses and have never ever noticed a picture qality difference with tamron lenses. anyone have either of these lenses or any insight that would help me?

thx a ton
-Dave

http://www.naturephoto.20m.com

A general, generic topic macro lens debate [View all] , Schott , Fri 14-Jul-00 01:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message Micro lenses
Reply message RE: macro lens debate
Reply message RE: macro lens debate