Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with a F5 body.

Larry443

Frederick, MD, US
20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help with a F5 body."

Larry443 Registered since 11th Jul 2012
Wed 22-Aug-12 12:34 PM

Agree, I don't think you can lock the shutter with a CSM setting, but I am not a big user of custom settings and not totally familiar with them.

I don't know of any shutter speed lock other than using the "L" (shutter speed/aperature/focus area lock) button on back of camera while turning the Main Command Dial during Shutter Priority or Manual mode operation. But locking the shutter speed in this manner places "LOCK" above the shutter speed in the Top LCD Panel and an "L" in the bottom of the viewfinder (left side next to the Metering System indicator - far left), not the "X" you indicated. This type of lock is also cleared with the 2-button reset.

I hope you get the lock cleared and good luck with your sale.

A general, generic topic Help with a F5 body. [View all] , tmiele Silver Member , Mon 20-Aug-12 01:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with a F5 body.