Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to clean dust out of Nikon N8008s

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How to clean dust out of Nikon N8008s"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Fri 27-Jan-12 03:58 AM | edited Fri 27-Jan-12 04:00 AM by avm247

Well, I would be careful and I would use a bulb blower (like the Giotto Rocket) and blow some air in the mirror box while holding the camera with the lens mount facing down, any dust you move around should fall down and out of the mirror box.

It is typically NOT recommended to use a canned of compressed air as it may blow the propellant into the mirror box and cause you more problems than it solves.

Mirrors are front coated, rubbing too hard might rub off the silver coating. Using a lint free cloth (like a microfiber cloth) you can try and wipe down the mirror and the focusing screen. Be careful not to rub off any foam seals (that cushion the mirror when it flips up) at the top of the mirror box.

If you don't wish to tackle this, any repair place should be able to clean the camera for you. If you send it to Nikon, an authorized repair facility or any repair place, you should be able to get them to perform a CLA - Clean Lube Adjust - on the camera, especially since its been sitting for a while.

Good luck!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic How to clean dust out of Nikon N8008s [View all] , wildlifephoto , Fri 27-Jan-12 01:46 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How to clean dust out of Nikon N8008s