Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: N90s ae-lock "

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Tue 29-Nov-11 05:00 AM

Also does the af area have any affect on the ae-lock?

It shouldn't. I'm 99% sure about that. As long as the you have the subject focused then lock exposure, you should be okay.

From what I recall if you are in Single Servo AF mode and recompose, changing camera to subject distance you will be out of focus; just keep the AE-Lock slid over and adjust focus by releasing and re-depressing the shutter release to activate focus. In continuous servo, you should be okay; the camera will refocus the camera to subject distance changes. (I know this is how my N70 works.)
Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic N90s ae-lock [View all] , Dtyson32 , Mon 28-Nov-11 01:27 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: N90s ae-lock